Monday, August 4, 2008

My mom will talk to ANYONE!!!


So, my mom has to call tech support for Quickbooks every once in a while because of bugs in their software (which she and I both use daily). Most of the time, the person on the other end is in America (she actually PAYS to ensure she gets a person who speaks english and is in the states, how crazy is that) but the last time she called she got a younger guy from India. How do I know this you may ask. Well, she put the phone on speakerphone and started asking all these personal questions to him. She asked questions like
*how old he was
*how many siblings he had
*if he was married
*how long he had been working in the company
*how much schooling he had
*what his favorite food was
*even questions such as "Do you eat beef? I thought beef was sacred in hindu culture!?!?"

Literally, for about 30 minutes she drilled him with questions and he was sweet enough just to answer them all while solving her technical problems. :) There is no end to what people my mom will talk to and get to know their whole life story. :) I love my mom for that; it inspires me to be more outgoing which is something that I have struggled my whole life with.

1 comment:

Dena said...

your mom is so hilarious, i love her, i miss her. :o)