Hello again guys!
So I said I would stay up to date on writing... and yeah... it's almost been 2 months since my last post. I just am not too good at remembering to update it.
Quick update of what has happened since August 13th (in semi-chronological order)-after writing the blog I realized it is quite long... might take a while to read....
1. I went to Arizona for a big family reunion of Nick's family and a giant "summer" birthday party for 5 people (me included). It took 7.5 hours to get there and we got lost like 5 times and ran over a whole bunch of cute frogs and were in the biggest monsoon I have ever seen at midnight trying to find the house. Yeah... middle of nowhere is an understatement. It was fun because I got to see my nephew and sis-in-law but besides that there is really NOTHING out there to do. Oh, they have super Walmarts... that was fun! Nick's favorite fast food restaurant is Sonic, and there was one on our way home so we made a pitstop to get him some. Here is us at Sonic with the beautiful sunrise behind us, and with Nick's afro tree head.
2. I started school a week after my last post. I am taking all CHDV classes now, which is both fun/interesting as well as challenging. I don't have any easy classes to slack off in this semester...dangit. Here is a picture of my Music and Movement teacher. I think she is like 80 and she treats us like "gifted four year olds." Haha. I also have Introduction to Special Education, Infant/Toddler Care and Development, and Child, Youth, Family, and Community class. Twelve units in all.
3. We also celebrated my Great Grandma's 105th birthday party on August 30th. That was so crazy. I hope I don't live to be 105, I don't want to be miserable and I would rather get to see Jesus sooner. My Great Grandma must have been thinking the same thing, because this friday (October 3) she passed away at 5am in her sleep. She had a LONG good life. Here she is in all her glory. LOL.
4. I went to Magic Mountain with our church youth group as a leader and had a blast! I hadn't been in 3 years and they had a couple of new rides. This is me about to die on Tatzu with a crazy guy named Dave ... I cried...
5. The very next weekend I went to Disneyland with my friend Bree from TN, Nick, and the whole Winters clan. The park wasn't crowded at all and we got to go on a TON of rides. This is me, Bree, and Heather before we got DRENCHED on Splash Mountain. Apparently they made the ride wetter for summer, tho no one told us. I think our log was defective too, since water just poured in the sides at every turn and each drop sent a tidal wave of water (literally) over our head. Fun times.
Still 3 more things... hang in there.
6. We also had my nephews second birthday and he was cute with his cake. I just have to show him off.
7. On Sept 23 we got free tickets to a play at the San Diego Civic Theater to see "The Drowsy Chaperone." I had never heard of it but it was supposed to be good. I think I laughed harder at that play than any other one I have ever seen there. Here is me by the banister, as well as a picture of me with a GIANT chandalier that I love. I am there for size comparison.
8. Last but not least, Nick got free tickets to the Music Builds Concert last weekend for us and my sisters through someone at his old work. The guy is super nice, and when we got there we were surprised to see that he had managed to get us meet and greet passes (which allowed us to see Switchfoot and Third Day and shake their hands/talk to them) as well as All Access Backstage Passes. I have never got to do any special stuff at a concert and my sisters had never been to a concert so we were all amazingly stoked! Backstage was awesome, the bands were really nice, but most importantly there were 4 Christian artists that played and they were all AMAZING. Jars of Clay, Ralph Randall, Switchfoot, and Third DAy. I had a great time worshipping with all of them! Definately a once in a lifetime experience. Here is a picture of me and Hannah being dorks, a picture of Switchfoot's drum cover from when we went backstage, and an amazing picture of the stage/lights during one of the bands. That picture doesn't even do it justice!
9. And finally that brings me to today. My mom, sisters, and I had a girls sleepover last night because my dad is gone at men's retreat. We made GRANDE pollo asada nachos and homemade salsa/chips for dinner. Then we had chex muddy buddy mix for dessert (homemade of course). SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD! We ate this deliciousness while watching Titanic and all bawled our eyes out. Then we hit the sack and woke up at 6:15am to watch Juno before my sisters had to leave for weekend school stuff. It was fun and I went home and lounged with my love all day.
It was a great two months. I am sure I will have more to tell soon!
PS- If you actually read all this good job :P