Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The exploding Barbasol :)

So, on Sunday night right as Nick and I were drifting off to sleep we heard a loud audible "POP" coming from somewhere nearby. I made Nick go search in the living room to make sure the door was locked and that no one had broken in through the front window or was in the parking lot causing trouble. FYI: We live in a nice condo complex, but there are apartments behind us and to the left of us that could be considered "ghetto" or "risky/scary" places in town.

Anyway, I digress... the source of the pop was not found, so we went to sleep and forgot about it. The next morning I woke up and went to go put my contacts in in the bathroom and noticed that there was shaving cream ALL OVER THE BATHROOM COUNTER! The Barbasol can sitting next to the sink had randomly exploded and decided to leak out and make a huge mess. Nick cleaned it up while I was at work. Then, later on in the afternoon Nick went to go to the bathroom and the can of shaving cream had decided to start going at it again. At this time I grabbed my camera and took a few shots of it. I wrote the company (as Nick) to let them know it happened (I will attach the letter and response) and they emailed back THE NEXT DAY saying that they were extremely sorry and that it was rare and that we would be compensated. Way to go Barbasol customer service.


Here are some pictures of the mess:


video
And here is the video clip I took of it... ignore my stupid sounding voice


Tell me, has this ever happened to anyone else???? I thought it was weird for it to go off so randomly. It wasn't under any pressure or exposed to hot steam or water. It was sitting on a bathroom counter (It stays there) and it was the middle of the night, so it wasn't hot. Weird...

~Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, as my husband and I were getting ready for work, we heard a very loud pop and items came crashing off the bathroom counter top and broke on our bathroom floor. Wow>>> we walked into the bathroom and shaving cream was everywhere!!!! Like on the walls, ceiling, counter top, and floor.As we were cleaning up this huge mess the shaving cream can had knocked a hole in our bathroom sheet rock. This is so unbelievable!!! Guess it is a good thing we were not in there or no telling what could have happened. My husband has been on hold with customer service for about 20 minutes now to give them the story. I really hope this does not happen to anyone else and cause the damage and the mess that it caused us. The shaving cream has been sitting beside his sink for about a month and not been exposed to heat.